A week ago the hubby and I dropped our kiddos off with his parents to take off for a day and go cross country ski. Evus got a pair of skiis for Christmas and has loved putting them to good use. It definitely helps that there is a groomed trail right behind our home. We headed up to Harriman State Park and had a lot of fun, though I later feared my legs would fall off. It was so beautiful in the park, all the pine trees were covered with snow and there were swans in the river. I fell once when distracted by the swans...that is my excuse anyway. Evan fell a little too, mainly in his attempt to skate ski, that is his new goal. I won't even attempt it. I am out of shape. Our kiddos had a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa and two aunts. It was a great day and I wish we could do that more. We wanted to take the kids and go this weekend, Evan has Monday off...but as it always turns out we are all sick with a cold and that is why I hate January...there I said it "HATE January"...blah, blah, blah, nasty blah January. Is it over yet? I feel like I should just pencil in SICK all over the month of January on my calendar because with kids at least one of us is sick for the entire month...blah. Okay I'm done. Yeah cross country ski!


Boo to colds! Hope y'all get feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteI hate january too. Let's make a club. I have NEVER EVER EVER been skiing! I know... LAME... but you guys make it look like too much fun. I'm glad you got a getaway. They are needed very much from time to time. We miss you guys. I miss your lessons very much. You are the best.
ReplyDelete