Saturday, December 10, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

My sister asked the question "why do they play the song 'These are a few of my favorite things', from the Sound of Music, at Christmas time???". 

In our case at least, being in Idaho for Christmas has brought us closer to some of our favorite things.  Here are just a few:

Favorite #50
Life on a farm--loving the animals
visiting the "calveys"

Petting the Sammy

Feeding the Chickens and Duckeys--and especially gathering the eggs

Loving the kitties

alittle too much....

teasing the horses with bits of hay

Favorite #49
Staring Endlessly at Grandpa's Christmas Lights


 Favorite #48
Spray-the-Pond Duty with Grandpa

3 comments:

  1. okay, this may sound stupid, but why is he spraying the pond?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pictures are absolutely amazing. Why didn't I take advantage of you when I could! =) Your life does look really charming and fun. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather...I should have explained that...HOCKEY!! My parents have an outdoor hockey rink (complete with night lights). Its been a big part of our family for a lot of years.

    ReplyDelete