The home we are in this summer has quite a bit of land around it and we found (much to our delight) that there are some already established flower beds around the house. However, when we arrived they were fuller than full with weeds and one out in the yard was absolutely filled with quack grass. So we went to our new favorite store (Menards) and bought a shovel and rake and we went to work...here is some of our progress:
I wish I would have taken before and after pictures for all of the flower beds but alas I did not. This next one was full of quack grass and old tree roots. Evus is holding up one of the larger roots we dug out.
Willard wanted to model in the next couple pictures. Notice we have now planted some flowers in the beds. I got some lily starts from a Relief Society activity and we found some Irises out under a tree in an overgrown mess...we couldn't resist. We have also planted a bunch of little seeds in there--please grow little seeds!
The side of the house is really ugly right now. We decided to create a bed along the house to make it look a little more attractive.
This is a raised bed behind our house. We planted herbs, veggies and some strawberries I got from the RS activity. Oh I hope they grow!
The boys love being outside and helping out around the yard. While helping me pull weeds Willard fell down. He got up and said "Oh, I fell down...I need to be careful, I need to be careful with my body!" I asked him where he learned that he needed to be careful with his body. He answered, "I learned it in church". Thank you nursery leaders! So cute!
I asked Porky to say "cheese" in the picture below, but I think he thought I said Jesus because he began to say "Jesus, where are you?"
My little Tigger
Our weed pile! Its hard to truly appreciate it in a picture but there it is in all its glory.
The big trees in front of our house...I am glad we will have shade in the summer heat, but they scare me in a wind storm.


I love Menards too!! Glad to see you are coming along!! I can't believe how big your boys are! It is crazy how time flies!! You should come and stay with us in December for the conference in Milwaukee!! How long will you be in "Braska"?
ReplyDeleteIt's looking great so far!! Love the pictures of the boys...and so cute about P asking where Jesus is!
ReplyDelete