Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013

Just a few memories captured from this year's Halloween.  I became obsessed with my plans to embrace "Trunk or Treating" (even though I don't really love the idea in general)  but making our trunk into an Angry Bird game.  I crocheted three angry birds...are they so sweet...and angry?


And set up some bad piggies on boxes in our trunk.  Pictures just don't do it justice.



Picture this: we had christmas lights shining around the trunk opening.  I set them up to a little contraption that made them flicker to the music and then I got the Angry Birds theme song and played it over the speakers in our car.  So the lights where flickering, that annoying song was playing and kids were throwing angry birds at green papercup piggies in our trunk.  It was "epic"...the kids loved it and I won an award so I call it a success.  AND!  now we still have all the stuff and enjoy playing Angry Birds at home so win win.

As for the kids and their costumes...my sewing machine broke and is still in Singer Repair Shop Limbo so the Wizard of Oz outfits I had planned never got off the ground.  One stop at a Second Hand Store later...Willard became a vampire, Porky a gorilla and Little Miss a sweet little lady bug.



I became an angry bird (for obvious reasons and sorry no picture) and hubby pulled out his never-fail Mad Hatter get up.  Happy Halloween everyone.







No comments:

Post a Comment