Friday, April 22, 2011

Welcome Ta Braska!

 This is our lovely Nebraska "summer home".  We will be residing here in the summers for the next couple years (and possibly some winter time as well).  It is a wonderful little home with lots of area around it for the boys to explore.  Everyone keeps telling us that it hasn't been lived in "for a long time"...haven't been able to get a straight answer as far as how long "a long time" really is.  I can say though that there are two couples in our ward who have lived in this house before too when they were grad students.  One couple has a very large family now and the other couple have grandchildren so its been around for a while.

 This would be the remnant drifts from the blizzard we had the day after arriving...FUN!  We brought Idaho weather to Nebraska.
 This would be the main pipe that exploded the second night we were there (also the night of the blizzard)...when we drained the bath tub we heard a waterfall coming from downstairs...yup.  Thats a lovely crack isn't it...but we're all better now.
 The boys were a lot of help when it came time to make Willard's birthday cake.  I can't believe he is three! 


 We had fun celebrating Willard's birthday with cake, icecream and the birthday fish named Bob.  We took Willard to Wal-mart and let him pick out his own fish.  Thanks to his Aunt Jessis he had all he needed at home to give it a good home (thanks sis!).  Before he got out of the car he was determined that it would be a BLUE fish.  Once we pulled the best looking blue fish we could find down off the shelf, we told him he needed a name.  Without hestation he said "BOB!"  That may be because that same afternoon the maintenance man came to check up on us and he is named Bob...it also may be because of a book his Auntie Em gave him where all the animals are named Bob (including the fish) but either way he is now Bob the Blue Beta from Braska and we love him.    Every time the boys enter the living room/kitchen area they great him (Hi Bob!) and when we leave they make sure to say bye. 


 Last but not least--who needs a pink flamingo in your yard when you have a herd of deer...or as Willard calls them "reindeer" or as Porky calls them "cows".  Either way they make for hours of entertainment for the boys...and Evus and I have fun too.  Don't know how I'm going to grow anything in our yard with these guys around but I'm still going to try.

5 comments:

  1. Im so excited for you guys Kenzi! It looks like an awesome place to live. Your boys are going to love it! I wish you all the best being in a new area....you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures. Your house looks cute on the outside. I love the front porch! We sure miss you. We are excited to see Moe and the boys next month. We are looking forward to coming down (?) (over?) in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it! What a cute little house, and I LOVE the top pictures of the boys. SO darling!! I'm glad things are going well so far, and hope for tons of good times to come!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. McKenzie!!! I miss you guys :( I am so excited for you and I pray for you and your family more then I ever have. I know that you need those prayers. Remember to be involved and remember I am always available on the other side of the phone. We can't wait for May!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is the cutest little house EVER! glad to see things are going well :)

    ReplyDelete